A refrigerator is an essential appliance that you will find in the dining room of every urban house. It is a necessity to have a fridge as it performs innumerable functions and contributes towards making our life comfortable. So, our task was cut out when we decided to bring to you the very best refrigerators in India. A careful study and a lot of research have gone into this endeavor to help you make an informed choice.
The long list of brands and their tall claims can definitely confuse you! So, before settling for a particular refrigerator, take a look at the guidelines and reviews that can be of great help.
A refrigerator keeps the items cool by absorbing the heat in them. The fridge works on the three technical aspects that are compression, condensation, and evaporation. Most of our present-day refrigerators have two compartments. One maintains the temperature of about 3-5-degree Celsius which is above the freezing point of water. The other chamber is the freezer box which maintains the temperature below the freezing point of water.
Types of refrigerators
There are broadly four types of refrigerators
- Single door refrigerators
- Double Door Refrigerator
- Triple Door Refrigerator
- Side by Side Door Refrigerator
This kind of fridge has a single door with freezer box situated on top of the main big compartment.
- They are not very spacious.
- Price is less in comparison to other types of the fridge.
- The storage capacity of this fridge is more than 250 liters
- It is suitable for couples or a family of three.
- Very few models have digital auto defrost
So, if you wish to have a small and low-priced refrigerator then go for this one!
single door refrigerators
Very distinct from the name, this refrigerator has two doors/compartments placed one on top of the other. The freezer box is separate from the main refrigeration unit.
- This kind of fridge has the frost free technology.
- The capacity of this kind of fridge is about 250 liters.
- They consume more electricity than a single door fridge.
- Good for families of three to four.
- Their efficiency level is great.
These refrigerators are best for families of three to four and more. This kind of fridge comes with three compartments, among them, one is a separate vegetable drawer.
- They have a capacity of 240 to350 liters.
- It also has a frost free technology.
- The freezer is on the top and underneath it is the main cooling compartment, and then the vegetable drawer below.
These refrigerators are also known as French door refrigerators. These are best for larger families.
- They have a capacity of 550 to 850 liters.
- They are frost free
- Ample space for fruits and vegetables and very well sectioned as per requirements.
- Some of them have inbuilt ice/water dispenser
Features of Refrigerators
In this type of fridge, both the compartment can be converted into the freezer or vice versa. This feature helps you to fully utilize the space in your fridge as per your requirement.
This new technology is stealing the deal all over the market. This technology usually makes the compressor work at different speeds and provide us with the necessary output depending on the cooling load. This helps in more saving of power.
The BEE star rating
Higher the rating more is the power saving. Energy efficiency is another aspect that should be kept in mind while buying a fridge. In the long run, the low power consuming fridge will save your hard-earned money.
Nowadays, many refrigerators come with built-in stabilizer. This protects your fridge during voltage fluctuation.
Keeping these above factors as guidelines, here is the list of best refrigerators in India.
Best fridge under 20000
This is the most common price range of single door fridge. This is the
best refrigerator in the range and is made by Samsung. This fridge
comes with all advanced technologies.
- It has a digital inverter compressor with seven level cooling.
- It consumes less energy and provides a long-lasting performance.
- Modish round-top design.
- Cooling retention technology which maintains temperature for 6 to 9 hours of in case of a power cut-off.
- 10 years of warranty on the compressor that is powered by digital inverter technology.
- It has a stabilizer free operation.
Best fridge under 30000
LG is one of the best refrigerator manufacturers, known the world over for its
frost-free fridges. This model is one of the best in the market.
- Its capacity is 260 liters
- It has two compartments with separate freezer box
- Energy efficient fridge with a 4-star rating
- Attractive looking with the florid finish
Best fridge above 30000
It is one of the best refrigerators in the market. It is a silver-colored double door model.
- 10 years of manufacturer warranty on Compressor and one year on product
- It has a 6th Sense IntelliSensor Technology that can sense weather and other environmental conditions.
- FRESH FLOW AIR TOWER circulates fresh air into different sections.
- Microblock technology kills up to 99.9% microbes
- It has a stabilizer free operation
Best fridge above 50000
Bosch 618L Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator (KAN56V40NE, Inox)
This German brand provides top-notch technology. The Bosch fridge is one of the best refrigerators in this price range. Side-by-side-door fridges don’t have a star rating.
- It comes with a VarioInverter compressor which is very energy efficient.
- It has a large capacity for different grocery size.
- Its stainless-steel body gives an elegant look.
- Frost free system.
- Overall it is a great buy!
A refrigerator is a very essential machine for every household. It is better to be informed about your choice for the best refrigerator depending on factors suitable for you. We have just seen the features and benefits of the different types and models of refrigerators. So, go ahead and make the best choice for yourself! And wait! If you found this article was helpful for you, don’t hesitate to hit the share buttons below. Help others make an informed choice too!